September 18, 2010

Just a little tip...

I don't know about you, but I am really sick of paying for overpriced organic baby yogurt. Little A eats yogurt daily, and I was paying $3.50 for 4 4 oz. containers of a single flavor - no variety at all and almost $1 per serving. The other day I got smart and found this - a big 32 oz. tub of organic whole milk plain yogurt for $4 - twice the servings so I am paying half of what I was for the little cartons. I can control everything, from the type of fruit to how much sugar is in them - because plain yogurt is a little "sour creamy" tasting, I add a little squirt of agave nectar.
So, I add 3 cubes of fruit puree to 1/2 cup yogurt and mix in a little baby oatmeal cereal to thicken it up a bit for my little one. I tried it, and it was sooooo much better tasting then the cartons!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea Holly! I can't wait to start making food for Evan. I made all the boys baby food but can't believe how much I have forgotten. This will be a great reference tool and I am excited about all the new recipes.

    They both ate a ton of yogurt and I always bought the organic baby ones but this is much better. I am especially anxious to try the chicken and turkey recipes you posted. I never could get Jonah and Drew to eat my homemade meat, they always wanted the jar stuff. I even tried making mine and putting it in the Gerber jars to try to fool them, but they were hip to my trick.

    Thanks for sharing all these great ideas, I can't wait to get started and I am so getting some OVE gloves this time (loved your starer list of tools)!

    ReplyDelete