September 14, 2010

What to do with old packs of pudding mix

I have had this pack of fat free-sugar free vanilla pudding in my cupboard for a couple years now. My husband accidentally bought it and I just couldn't bring myself to throw away a fine pack of pudding mix. So one warm day I needed something to keep little A occupied so I broke out the pack of pudding and made some pudding finger paints. Since he is still in the "everything goes in my mouth" phase, he could paint and I could relax and not care if he tries to eat any!

Pudding Finger Paint
1 package cheap instant vanilla pudding
2 cups cold milk
2 or 3 different colors of food coloring

Pour milk into medium bowl and whisk in pudding mix for 2 minutes. Working quickly, divide and pour into as many small tupperware containers as you want different colors. Mix about 5 drops of food coloring in each container. They are pretty much ready to use right away. 



My son's Occupational Therapist loved this idea and said it would be really great for him to be messy and feel the slimy texture. I took little A outside and put him in just a diaper, because this is pretty messy. I was covered in pudding by the time it was all done with, too. He painted on cheap little flexible plastic cutting boards and when he was done, I sat with him and gave him a little bucket of water to splash and clean off in and then let the dog do the clean up of the pudding paintings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment